Monday, April 27, 2015

One Week

I love being His representative. I don't ever want to take my tag off.
But i  know that He has more plans for me. I know that He will continue to use me where I'm needed.


Holy cow this week was so amazing. If there was one word to describe this week it would be the word spiritual. Why? Because my friend Rogerio was baptized!!!!!!! But his story is so dear to my heart that I think I'll have to wait to share. With his conversion I really wouldn't even know where to begin. Luckily for the majority of you I'll be home shortly to tell. (I won't be posting pics of the baptism because he doesn't want them on the internet. Sorry!)

I've been thinking a lot about what I wanted to write for my last post and you know what came to my mind? Nothing but to share my testimony with you. Anything else would have made it seem that I still didn't have a whole week left. Do you know how important and significant one week can be? 

Just think, in the entire 3 years of Christ's ministry, what was the most important week? The very last. In one week He instituted the sacrament, suffered for the pains, afflictions, and sufferings for every being who has ever lived, is living and will yet live, and THEN died on the cross to fulfill righteousness... and THEN He was resurrected! Imagine! All that within just one week! 

What an incredible Savior we have. What a loving, humble, obedient, meek and patient man He was to do all of that for the weak- for us! He showed no resistance doing what no man could do, walking a path no man could walk. He never gave up, even at His death on the cross He persisted in the purpose of our Father pleading for our souls instead of His. His only resistance was at His final breath as He gave up His Spirit only so that 3 days later He could overcome what no man could overcome. The morning of His rise still resonates today though it happened over 2000 years ago! 

He lives! I know He lives. Just like I know the sea is always there even if I can't see it. Many believe He lives but to me His existence isn't a belief, it's a fact. I've come to realize this on my mission. In many instances, I have felt His literal presence beside me, I have felt the touch of His hand push me as I often wanted to lay down and rest. No matter where you go in the world, His presence is the same and His love is a feeling that never fades.

What humility He showed to have done all this, only asking for one thing in return. He asked that we come to Him through faith, repentance, baptism, the gift of the Holy Ghost and endurance to the last breath. His contract is simple. If we do these things correctly, He will bless us with eternal life and eternal happiness. 

I am a witness of Him. He has changed me in ways I cannot express and has been there every step of my mission. I love His work on this Earth. I love that I can wear His name on my tag even if I fall so short of being the kind of person He is. I know that He guides this church, that it is His only true church. I know and have seen His words given through prophets of old and new change lives of those searching for truth. I know that whoever searches with a contrite Spirit and broken heart, no matter what nation, kindred or tongue, the Lord will find a way to present His path- whether it be through 80,000 missionaries or a friendly neighbor.

I love my Savior Jesus Christ and my Father in Heaven. I pray that we all can continue to grow in the testimony of their love and sacrifice for us. That the Spirit may forever dwell with us. 

I leave this testimony with you all, my family and friends, in the sacred name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 

Sister Hawkins

Pics:







No comments:

Post a Comment