|Birthday girl, then and now!|
What a week! I've been in denial though due to some happenings this past Saturday. As some of you knew, it was my birthday. My 21st! Yay for birhday's... nay for being 21. This year is particularly difficult... why? Well let me just give you 21 reasons why I don't want to be 21:
1. I'm still a kid, how unfair! You can't put an age limit on that! I'll always be a kid at heart. #disneyismybestfriend
2. MY MISSION ENDS WHILE I'M 21
3. If I'm 21 it means others are getting older; my family, friends, dog..etc. No one likes getting older and my mom particularly doesn't like that I'm getting older. So let's just all go back together.
4. Section 21 of D&C is all about the first baptisms in the church. It obviously is a sign that I should not be going home this year... but that I should be on the mission, baptizing.
5. The phrase, "completion of my mission" is 21 letters long. How insensitive!
6. Taylor Swift doesn't have a song for 21
7. Trevor doesn't even have a song for 21 (for more info, request the "teenager song" from Trevor)
8. My mission will end while I'm 21 and my tag will be ripped off my chest and I will be forever sad
9. 21 is not as cool as it looks. When I was younger I thought, "Oh those kids are so cool. I want to be like them." It's a myth. They only made it look fun!
10. Mormons don't really care about being 21 anyway
11. You make big decisions in your 20s that I don't want to make! 21 in my opinion, is already way too far into the 20s. So either I should just go back or skip to the 30s.
12. My mission will die and I will cry
13. If I live to be 99 I only have 78 years left.... only!
14. Eating 21 veggies off your plate is really tough
15. I have to return to real life at 21. No one wants real life. A mission is like a vacation from your worldly\personal life. Like anyone, who actually likes returning from vacation?
16. It's too big of a number. This list seems it will never end.
17. Who even uses the number 21? Honestly, you'll never see a 21 dollar bill or SPF 21 or instructions to cook something for 21 minutes. How ridiculous!
18. It's an odd number
19. The 21st page of my Portugeuse dictionary contains the word "arbítrio" which means agency. The only relation with agency and 21 is that being 21 is against my own free agency.
20. I used to think that you were supposed to be somewhat grown up at 21-- I still don't even know what I want to be when I grow up!
21. Did I mention that my mission will end while I'm 21? I don't want to be 21 :(
So there's my petition. I hope you enjoyed it. I remember thinking before my mission, "Wow! I'll be 21 when I finish my mission." Now it's actually happening and my mission is on a downward slope. Everyone is already telling me I'm "dying" as a missionary. Goodness, who knew at 21 you'd have one foot in the grave.
Off I go to another week. Until next Tuesday! Thanks for all the birthday wishes!
Love you all!