Monday, September 15, 2014

Truly Blessed

Finally have all my tags! Officially an Hermana! 


Goodness I think it's been 3 months since I wrote! I can't believe it was only 7 days ago. There is just so much in between that it doesn't seem possible to have been just a single week! 


It's been a pretty stressful week. I felt like I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Maybe it's just because I'm trying to get the hang of being a Sister Training Leader. Actually it's definitely that!  Just a little bit of pressure. I think I need more inspiration than I can give to these sisters but hey, the Lord's on my side! 

Ok let me hit on a few highlights for this week:

1 Women's conference:


How incredible was that! The General Relief Society president, Sister Burton, came to speak to the women. There were 10 stakes there and it was so awesome! Also, Elder Keith Giddens, an area 70 spoke. It was so full of inspiration and the Spirit. Sister Burton shared some amazing inspirational stories of women throughout the world and then gave some time for the women in the room to share their stories. It was a good reminder to be grateful for what we have! I've been stressing out lately about some things and it was just what I needed to put my head back on and get to work. One thing that Elder Giddens said that really stuck with me was, 


"You're doing better than you think you are."


Ahh. I just felt this wave of relief when I heard that. Too often I don't give myself much time to see how far I've come and I'm 100% positive that I'm not the only one who does that. Take a deep breath with me, ready go! See? Look we're doing better than we think we are. At least we're breathing! 

2. Answered Prayers

Man I guess this week was pretty stressful because I realize this highlight is also about something that gave me comfort this week. One afternoon we stopped back home for lunch and I was feeling super inadequate- as you often do as missionaries. Of course, that's only a tool of the devil. But anyways I was having a rough time. Looking for comfort I opened my scriptures and prayed. I thought of all my favorite comfort scriptures- John 14:18, John 16:33, Proverbs 3:5-7, D&C 6:36... but as I read them, it just wasn't cutting it. I wasn't getting what I felt like I needed. Then quickly I felt something urge me to read my Patriarchal Blessing. For those that don't know what this is, click *here* to find out more. As I read the words on that page for what may have been the 100th time I found a distinct promise that was a direct answer to all of my worries as of late. It was so specific and one of the most profound and unbelievable answers to a prayer I have ever received before. My friends, the church is true! Members of the church go read your blessings this week, I promise you won't regret it! 

3. Church Miracles

One of the hardest things in missionary work is getting investigators to church. It's a little challenging here in Chamblee too because the chapel is so far away. I think I've mentioned before that the boundary for the Chamblee branch here is the largest boundary for any ward or branch in all of Georgia! Crazy right? A lot of people we teach don't have cars and a lot of members don't have cars.. it's a pretty tricky task needless to say. Of course anything is doable in the work of the Lord. And He was so on our side this week as we were incredibly blessed to see 7 of our investigators sitting on those wooden pews, soaking in the good word of God. It was amazing.  And each one of them stayed for all 3 hours. Hallelujah!! I wanted to do a happy dance right there in sacrament meeting but of course maybe that would've been a little inappropriate.

The hand of the Lord was so present this week! I think He's always present in our lives we just need to give Him more credit and glory. It's such an incredible opportunity to see more clearly the hand of the Lord in my life and to watch His hand work for others. He's all around us and He's looking out for us everyday! Something I'm really starting to understand is that even with your eyes wide open you can miss seeing the small miracles done by the Lord. More often than not it takes closing our eyes and getting on our knees to recognize how the Lord has truly blessed us.


Thanks for keeping up on my adventures! Life is well here for me. I feel the support of your prayers and cannot thank you enough! Love you all!


Hermana Hawkins

We had a Dia de Naciones activity with the ward which was AWESOME.

Lots of yummy food and dancing and music and fun! Funny brother/sister moment.







No comments:

Post a Comment